General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Information
What Is General Liability Insurance?
Businesses must be prepared for many different situations. Amid everyday operations, accidents, errors and negligence could lead to expensive lawsuits. Without adequate general liability insurance, your company might face extensive damages and losses that could wreak havoc on your finances and future.
Since 1967, the insurance experts at Nobles Insurance Agency have been helping businesses in Clayton, Willow Spring, Raleigh and Cary understand the benefits of general liability policies and acquire adequate coverage.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
General liability insurance policies cast a wide safety net across many common risks. Also referred to as business liability or commercial general liability insurance, this coverage can provide critical protection following many other incidents.
Specifically, most general liability policies can provide financial assistance for the following situations:
- Bodily injury—If your business is liable for a customer, visitor or other third party being injured, general liability insurance may cover costs for their medical expenses.
- Property damage—If you or your employees are responsible for damaging another party’s property, including that of your landlord, your coverage can help pay for repair or replacement expenses.
- Personal and advertising injury—If your business faces losses or damages arising from a personal or advertising injury, such as slander, libel, violation or privacy or copyright infringement, general liability coverage can provide financial aid.
- Legal fees—If a lawsuit is filed against you or your business, your policy may help pay for legal fees and representation.
Who Needs General Liability Insurance?
Although general liability insurance is not required by law in North Carolina, its array of protection makes it an invaluable investment. This type of policy may be of particular importance if your business’s regular operations consist of the following activities:
- Welcoming customers and visitors to your physical place of business
- Providing professional services off-site, such as at a client’s home or business
- Transporting or storing property owned by another party
- Advertising and marketing your business or using social media
How Much Does General Liability Insurance Cost?
Your premiums for general liability insurance will depend on various criteria. In most cases, providers will consider the following aspects of your business:
- Building/property condition
- Policy details (e.g., coverage limits and deductibles)
Get the Right Coverage
Given the many different scenarios in which general liability coverage may be activated, it’s necessary for all businesses to consider acquiring this type of insurance. Even the most careful companies are capable of making mistakes that could result in irreparable damage.
Nobles Insurance Agency is here to help assess your coverage needs and craft an optimal general liability policy. Contact us today to get started.